Episode VI - Thanksgiving and Creativity
We are back this week with an episode all about Thanksgiving.
We take the time to examine the historical roots of how the holiday came to us. From the Pilgrims at Plymouth rock, to George Washington during the American Revolution, to Abraham Lincoln during the Civil War, to FDR in the 1930's Thanksgiving has a rich history.
During the break we hear Hawk Nelson's song, Thank God for Something and an awesome report from Pastor Paul Alvarez pioneering in Houston, TX.
We discuss some things that have made Thanksgiving begin to lose its true meaning. Some scriptures to consider along with us:
- [Psa 50:14 NKJV] 14 Offer to God thanksgiving, And pay your vows to the Most High.
- [Col 3:17 NKJV] 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
- [Heb 13:15 NKJV] 15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of [our] lips, giving thanks to His name.
- [Psa 35:18 NKJV] 18 I will give You thanks in the great assembly; I will praise You among many people.
- [Eph 5:20 NKJV] 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- [Rom 1:21 NKJV] 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify [Him] as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
- [2Ti 3:2 NKJV] 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
During the second break we hear Thank You by 33Miles and a report from the field by Pastor Alfonso Galindo pioneering in Guangzhou, China!
In this segment we get to the fascinating question: How is Thanksgiving linked to Creativity? Join us as we discuss the power of a creative life, fueled by optimism, powered by gratitude. Here are the resources we discussed during the episode:
Be thankful and see you next week!